Chanel Les 4 Ombres 236 Tissé Fantasie

Posted on 22 February 2015


For spring Chanel released two Les 4 Ombres eyeshadow quads and I picked up one of them, in the colours Tissé Fantasie. It comes in a classic black and sleek Chanel compact with a big mirror inside. It contains a pinky-orange shade, a pearly white, a metallic green with golden shimmer and a dark brown with orange/gold shimmer. They are all shimmer shades but the shimmer is very fine, we're not talking glitter here. It's very subtle and absolutely daytime friendly.

I find the quality of the shades a bit too varying to really enjoy this quad. The dark brown is definetly the best. It's buttery and very pigmented, and it's easy to work with. The green is also quite good, although I was a bit dissapointed that it applies a little bit grey-looking. The other two are what pulls this down though. The orangy-pink shade is beautiful, but not as pigmented as the two first ones, and the white is just a regular highlight shade, and a little bit chalky as well. It's just not that exciting. I would claim that you don't need this, unless you're absolutely crazy about all of the colours. Although the brown is a great shadow in a beautiful colour, it's far from unique.


Out of all my spring purchases this is easily my least favorite. I really wanted to try the reformulated Les 4 Ombres, but I'm just left with the feeling that it wasn't worth it, although worth is very personal. I rarely shop eyeshadow palettes for this reason, and I did get this slightly for blog reasons, which I now regret. I would return this if I could.

If you want to see me haul this, and the rest of my spring collection purchases you can do that HERE, and make sure you check back to read my reviews of the rest of my new products.
  1. It would be great if you could do close up swatches of the eyeshadows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming tomorrow! I just need some daylight first.

      Delete