Dior Vernis Carré Bleu

Posted on 26 August 2014



Dior Vernis Couture Colour Gel Shine and Long Wear Nail Laquer in 796 Carré Bleu (£18.50/$25) is a limited edition dark navy nail polish from Dior's autumn make-up collection. The collection isn't really that big, and this is the only item that tickled my fancy. I don't think I would exaggerate if I said that this nail polish is my favorite thing right now. The colour is so gorgeous and somewhat feels classic, even if it's blue. It's blue in the same way as OPI Skyfall is red (which is my favorite nail colour of all time).

This year I've started wearing blue nails for the first time, and somehow all of my Dior nail polishes are blue. I guess they know what they're doing in that department! This will without a doubt be my go-to nail polish this autumn, and I'm considering buying a back-up or two. I don't know how it's possible to love something so quickly, I guess it was just love at first swatch.

I won't write too much, because words can't do this justice. Pictures can't either, but I'll have to post some. The colour is creamy, and looks almost black in dim lighting, but in direct lighting it's a gorgeous true blue. I think this can work for just about anyone, and I recommend you go swatch it yourself and see what I'm talking about.


Post a Comment