Chanel Joues Contraste in 80 Jersey and 170 Rose Glacier

Posted on 8 September 2014



With the launch of Chanels new powder foundation, Aqualumière Loose Powder, they also launched two new Joues Contraste blushes (£31/$45). They launched in Europe, Asia and the Middle East a few weeks ago, and should launch in the US in September. The colours are 80 Jersey, which is more or less a light orange shade with matching microshimmer, and 170 Rose Glacier which is a beautiful and bright pink, with gold microshimmer. They both have the typical Joues Contraste rose smell, which I'm personally not a big fan of. I have heard that Jersey will be a Europe exclusive, but I can't be sure until I read anything about the US launch. Both are limited edition.

For years now the Joues Contraste blushes have been some of my favorites. I'm a complete sucker for packaging so of course I love anything Chanel puts out. The colours are always beautiful, the formula is not powdery and they're always so radiant, even if it's not a shimmery shade. They're easy to work with, and wear well. From time to time I hear that there are two different formulas to these blushes and that the US versions are different from the rest of the world. I don't know if that has changed, because it has been a while, but unless otherwise mentioned, all of mine are from Europe.

170 Rose Glacier is my favorite of the two. It is a very bright, fun pink that I personally feel would be best suited for a heavy nighttime makeup. It may have a bit too much shimmer for some. I pulled some other blushes from my collection for swatches, and I would say the most similar blush that I own is NARS Orgasm. They are both pink with gold shimmer, although the gold is much more muted in Rose Glacier.





70 Jersey is the most unique of the two shades. As you can see from the swatches I didn't really have any that are particularly similar. It looks quite brown on my computer screen, but I assure you it is orange, with a slight hint of brown. The blush that swatches the closest in person is Chanel Joues Contraste Espiègle (LE shade from spring 2011), although Jersey is a bit more brown with less shimmer.




Post a Comment