ON MY RADAR | NEW IN BEAUTY

Posted on 26 January 2015


January means new beauty launches left and right, and there's so many new things coming out now I'm almost getting dizzy. There's so many fun things hitting the stores, but we can't have it all, so I picked out a few of the things that I'm most excited about. And the best thing is that these aren't limited edition, so you don't have to get stressed out while trying to get your hands on the small quantities.

  • YSL Volupté Tint-in-Oil So far YSL has only had big hits in their Volupté lip-range, and these new lip oils look very promising. They come in eight shades, and they're moisturizing while tinting the lips. Disclaimer, I may have already picked up one of these a few days ago, and I will definetly be getting one more before testing them out for you. Keep an eye out for these on the blog.
  • Dior DiorSkin Nude Air Dior are launching several new powders right now, and I can't wait to try them. Dior really know what they're doing with their face powders, and some of you may know that's my favorite kind of make-up. There's not much information on these yet, and I think they're officially only launched in France (and my French is rusty to say the least), but it looks like there's a loose powder in four shades, a compact powder, a bronzer and also a liquid foundation. Hopefully we will see these in stores other places very soon!
  • Make Up For Ever Skin Equalizer The new generation of primers are suppost to 'prepare the skin for a perfect complexion just like a painter prepares his canvas with a basecoat'. And I'm all about primers. Hopefully these will finally be a good option for those of us that need colour correction all over the face. The green one will be mine.
  • Giorgio Armani Eye Tints Armani call these tints, but let's be honest, aren't they just cream eyeshadows? Or something similar, at the very least. These are going to transform (their word, not mine) from liquid to solid, and thus lasting all day without creasing. That sounds good to me, and in swatches they look gorgeous. Can't wait to see these with my own eyes and have a swatch-a-thon.
  • NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation A new foundation from NARS you say? Well colour me intrigued! The blogosphere has been going crazy over this as of late. It's suppost to have full coverage, but look natural and last for 16 hours. I think we all know we can take that with a grain of salt, but I still want to try it. It seems that NARS can do no wrong in the complexion department.
  • MAC Viva Glam x Miley After years of being a MAC fiend I'm more or less over their constant new collections, but the latest Viva Glam campaign has caught my eye. This year the spokesperson is Miley Cyrus, whom I really don't like, but I'm loving that shade of pink. It's a beautiful shade a little on the warmer side, perfect for those, like me, who like Candy Yum Yum but are a little afraid of wearing neon. And as a big plus, every scent goes to the fight against HIV/AIDS. Now this is somewhat limited edition, but they produce so many hopefully you won't have a problem finding these.

Post a Comment