ON MY RADAR | SPRING COLLECTIONS

Posted on 8 January 2015

I know it's not actually spring yet, but I always get a spring feeling once I enter a new year. There's snow and it's windy and miserable outside, but I'm ready for a brighter day. And one of the best things about spring is spring collections. It's one of my favorites (after fall), and everyone has something exciting to offer. It does bug me that a few of these launched in the US before Christmas. I'm all about early, but that's too early even for me. None of these have launched yet in Europe though, and I'm all giddy about swatching and buying. And using, of course. In this, the first 'on my radar' of the year I've collected the products that I'm most excited about.

  • Dior Kingdom of Colors I was honestly pretty dissapointed in Diors new offerings. I like that they have a brand new product (five kohl eyeliners) but as a whole I thougt it was all a bit meh. Their main product is the 'Kingdom of Colors Eye, Lip & Face palette', which is beautiful, but I just hate all in one palettes. I get that they can be practical for some people, but I'm just not one of them. All I can think of is how messy it would look after a while and how annoying it would be when the liner dries out and the lip stick and liner starts to smell wierd. Anywho, one thing obviously caught my eye and it is of course the nail polishes. I love a good limited edition polish, and all of these colours are perfect for spring and there's a funky top coat in there too.
  • Chanel Reverie Parisienne Chanel always knows how to do spring. Year after year they're always my favorite spring collections, and this year is no different. If I had my way I would get everything, but a girl has to compromise with her wallet. It's not a very exciting collection, but it looks good as a whole and has tons of exciting items. I'm a big fan of Chanel polishes, so they're obviously what I'm most excited about, and the light green 'Paradisio' is my favorite of the three. I'm also interested in the two eye shadow palettes and the two Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks. And you have to take notice of the beautiful Jardin de Chanel blush in Camelia Rose, which is the star of the collection. It's absolutely gorgeous but I'll have to swatch this before I make up my mind.
  • Guerlain Les Tendres Aah, good old Guerlain, they know what they're doing. It seems like they can do no wrong in the face powder department. The beautiful Meteorites pressed powder in a beautiful new casing has caught my eye (I'm not sure, but I believe this is the same old powder), as has the very cute Meteorites Perles de Blush.
  • Givenchy COLOreCREATION First off, it pains me to type out the name of this collection, I absolutely hate it. That being said I love how they went neon with their products. I'm kind of intrigued with everything they're launching, but what has really caught my eye are these ultra bright nail polishes. They just look so fun, and I think they will be an awesome way to spice up a simple everyday look.
  • Clarins Garden Escape I never thought I would see the day when I'm intrigued by Clarins, but here we are. The web has been buzzing about these Instant Light Lip Comfort Oils, and so have I. They're suppost to nourish and hydrate with just a hint of colour, and I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Post a Comment